Comments and predictions on the results of Liverpool vs Real Madrid
Last year, Liverpool were defeated by Real Madrid in the Champions League final. The lucky draw brought the two teams to clash right in the 1/8 round of this season. With the confidence that is at the moment, Liverpool can completely think of a victory over Real, which is not in the hands of the strongest squad.
Predictions before the match Liverpool vs Real Madrid
Not many teams have beaten Napoli this season, and Liverpool can be proud to be one of them. In the group stage, Klopp’s army overcame Napoli and won 15 points together. Unfortunately, The Kop still has to be ranked below the Partenopei due to a poor head-to-head record, mainly because of a 1-4 defeat at Diego Armando Maradona in the first match.
Second place in the table gives Liverpool a difficult draw to be Real Madrid. And hopes of progressing were shaken violently when the port city team performed in disappointment and fell very deeply in the Premier League as well as being eliminated from all domestic cup competitions.
Liverpool is in a good mental state to win Real
But confidence returned to Liverpool at the right time. Two consecutive victories over Everton and Newcastle in the Premier League means that the top 4 is still within reach of Liverpool. The strikers on the attack also had the opportunity to clear the barrel after a gloomy period. Nunez, Salah, and rookie Gakpo all contributed goals in this match and Liverpool began to see light at the end of the dark tunnel.
Klopp’s army has only been eliminated in the 1/8 round of the Champions League exactly once in the past 5 years – before Real’s city rival Atletico Madrid in the 2019/20 season. Liverpool’s unbeaten streak at Anfield has also been increased to 7. And Real must certainly be somewhat cautious when marching to Merseyside.
Real Madrid were not appreciated last season but beat Chelsea, PSG, Man City, and Liverpool on the way to the championship last season. The DNA of the king of the Champions League is not to be underestimated and underestimating Los Blancos is a mistake even though Real’s group stage performance is not perfect.
The draw with Shakhtar Donetsk and the defeat to RB Leipzig threatened Real Madrid’s ability to win the top spot. But beating Celtic with a score of 5-1 in the last match helped Real take the top spot of Leipzig with 1 point more. Recently, Real also won the FIFA Club World Cup.
Real has been playing relatively uneventfully in recent times
Over the weekend, Real got their fourth consecutive win in all competitions against Osasuna thanks to late goals from Federico Valverde and Marco Asensio. But Real’s hopes of winning the main title double this season are like hanging bells.
The gap with Barcelona in La Liga is still 8 points. Meanwhile, Real’s performance in the European Cup this season is also fluctuating. More worryingly, Real only won 2 of the last 6 matches having to play away from home in the European Cup.
Not only that, but Real’s force is also seriously chipped in an important position as a central midfielder. According to the list of players coming to Liverpool, Real will not have the service of midfielders Tchouameni and Kroos. These are the two most prominent midfielders in Real’s midfield this season. Without them, Real will face many difficulties in controlling the game and creating to score goals.
Losing in last year’s Champions League final extended Liverpool’s winless streak against Real Madrid to six. This is Liverpool’s longest winless streak against an opponent in the Champions League. But Liverpool have great advantages to put an end to this long series of matches at Anfield today.
Information around the match Liverpool vs Real Madrid
- Liverpool: Darwin Nunez is not sure how to recover from the shoulder injury he suffered against Newcastle. Roberto Firmino can start instead. Luis Diaz and Arthur are still sidelined with long-term injuries.
- Real Madrid: Ferland Mendy, Aurelien Tchouameni, and Toni Kroos are the players who are definitely absent from the away team. Karim Benzema is also not sure to start because he could not attend the match against Osasuna last weekend.
- Liverpool have not won in the last 6 matches against Real Madrid.
- Gakpo has scored in the last 2 matches for Liverpool.
- Mohamed Salah has scored 83% of Liverpool’s goals in the Champions League this season.
- Both Liverpool and Real Madrid have won the last 2 matches without conceding.
- Real have scored 15 goals in the last 4 matches.
- Real won the last 5/6 matches against Liverpool.
- Vinicius leads Real’s scorer list in C1 this season with 4 goals.
- Benzema has yet to score for Real in C1 this season.
- Both Real and Liverpool have scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes of the Champions League this season.
- Both teams have not lost a single time in C1 this season.
- The biggest victories of Liverpool and Real in C1 this season all come before the Scottish teams.
Predict the score: Liverpool 1-0 Real Madrid
Expected lineups Liverpool vs Real Madrid
Expected lineups Liverpool vs Real Madrid
Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Bajcetic, Fabinho, Henderson; Salah, Gakpo, Jota.
Real Madrid: Courtois; Carvajal, Militao, Rudiger, Alaba; Ceballos, Camavinga, Modric; Valverde, Benzema, Vinicius Jr.
Follow the Livefootballgameschedule.com website for more news, fixtures, live scores, and results.