Comments Liverpool vs Everton: A springboard for revival
Liverpool is falling very deep in the race to win tickets to the European Cup next season. However, the advantage in the hands of Klopp’s teachers and students is huge and they need a springboard victory against Everton to start the process of saving this season.
Comment on the match Liverpool vs Everton round 23 of the Premier League 2023
Liverpool is the team that is more appreciated for the ability to win the next match. Liverpool have lost only 1 of the last 25 Merseyside derbies played at Anfield.
Klopp’s army is going through a bad series of matches in 2023 when they have not won a single victory in the Premier League. They played 4 games but only won 1 point. Because of that, Liverpool is entrenched in 10th place in the Premier League table and has been eliminated in both domestic cup competitions.
Attack is a dilemma for Liverpool this season
The attack is bringing a headache for coach Klopp. The port city team did not score any goals in the last 3 matches in the Premier League. Among these was a 0-0 draw with Chelsea at Anfield – the first time Liverpool have gone dead in 33 matches at Anfield.
However, Liverpool still hold certain advantages to be able to rise up and compete for tickets to the European Cup for the rest of the season. Klopp’s teachers and students are 10 points behind Tottenham but played 3 matches less. It is a clear advantage for Liverpool to be close to the top 5 if they can create a series of victories.
The injury situation in Liverpool is getting better when Diogo Jota moves back. Roberto Firmino and Arthur have also returned to training with the first team. This gives coach Klopp other options in attack and helps Liverpool when the season comes to a difficult stage.
Liverpool are more confident to win points than Everton when the last time they lost the Merseyside derby at Anfield came in 1999.
Everton shocked Arsenal in the previous round
Everton marched to Anfield with an impressive victory over the top team Arsenal at Goodison Park. The excellent debut of new coach Sean Dyche helped Everton stop a series of 10 games without a win, of which they only won 2 points.
However, 3 points against Arsenal still cannot help Everton get out of the group holding the red light. Currently, The Toffees are standing at 18th place in the rankings and 1 point away from the safe position of Leeds.
Everton’s problem, especially in the late stages of Frank Lampard’s reign, is that they have lost too much to opponents in the bottom group of the rankings. Because of that, Sean Dyche’s task now is to win points against direct competitors in the relegation race.
Everton generally have no pressure in the great war with Liverpool. Not many people expect them to score points at Anfield. Because of that, Everton’s mentality will be comfortable and this can help the game become more open and dedicated to the fans.
In Liverpool’s six-game losing streak at home in 2021, Sean Dyche is the one who set the first milestone when leading Burnley to defeat The Kop at Anfield. Therefore, Everton fans are considered to have a little more hope before the upcoming Merseyside derby.
Predict the score of the match Liverpool vs Everton
There are currently no outstanding players in the Liverpool squad. The Kop lineup is full of problems. However, Everton faced even more dilemmas.
Liverpool have gone 4 games without winning in the Premier League but this is a good opportunity for them to revive. Everton are not appreciated this season and Liverpool can completely win 3 points at home.
Both Liverpool and Everton have similar defenses when they hit 28 goals this season. This is a good opportunity for attacking players of both teams to appear and find the feeling of scoring again. In a derby, the mentality of the two teams is also more open and the occurrence of many goals is also likely.
Liverpool’s attack is having confidence problems. But they are still quality players and have the ability to shine. With a more dominant game and the enthusiastic cheers of the home audience, Liverpool have enough ability to score many goals against Everton.
Score prediction: Liverpool 2-1 Everton
Information surrounding the match Liverpool vs Everton
Liverpool: The home team received some positive signals when Diogo Jota was about to be added to the squad after a long injury. Roberto Firmino and Arthur have both returned to training but are difficult to start. Klopp also confirmed that Van Dijk will be absent. Ibrahima Konate is also out due to an injury. Luis Diaz and Thiago are also injured.
Everton: Dominic Calvert-Lewin hardly recovered in time to play. James Garner and Andros Townsend are not ready to return because of long-term injuries. Nathan Patterson and Michael Keane remain absent.
– Everton’s only win in the last 22 away games at Anfield was in February 2021.
– The match at Goodison Park in September resulted in the 12th goalless draw between the two teams in Premier League history, more than any other tie in the history of the tournament.
– Liverpool have not won in the last 4 matches in the Premier League, only 1 match is equal to the longest winless streak under Klopp.
– Liverpool are at risk of not scoring in four consecutive Premier League games for the first time since January 2021.
– Victory will help Klopp reach 250 wins as Liverpool manager. Matches won in the penalty shootout are counted as draws.
– Klopp has 1 victory left to equal Rafael Benitez’s Merseyside derby record (8 matches).
– The only player to score more than one goal for Liverpool in the post-World Cup Premier League is Leicester’s Wout Faes, who netted twice in the two teams’ confrontation on December 30.
– Everton can win two Premier League games for the first time this season.
– Everton have won 2 of the last 27 Premier League matches and scored only 1 goal in the last 6 away matches.
– Sean Dyche could become the fourth Everton manager to win his first two Premier League games at the club, after Joe Royle, David Moyes and Carlo Ancelotti.
– Only two of the 22 managers who have ever taken charge at Everton have won their first Merseyside derby against Liverpool: Royle in November 1994 and Dick Molyneux in October 1894.
– Abdoulaye Doucoure has one game left to hit 200 Premier League appearances.
Above is the comment about the match between Liverpool vs Everton, which team do you predict will win? Follow Livefootballgameschedule.com to update fixtures, live scores & results in real time.